Tuesday, July 12, 2016

VEGAN HALAL SNACK PACK




Yesterday I finally perfected my vegan kebab meat recipe.
I have been seeing so many posts about the best places to buy a HSP, but by far my biggest inspiration to make a "Halal Snack Pack" is Pauline Hanson's hilarious reaction to it.
I decided to share some photos on my favourite Facebook group "What fat vegan's eat" and got a really good response.
I had many people contact me asking for the recipe so I decided to make this my first blog post so that people can book mark it and use it later when making the recipe.
Stay tuned for more vegan recipes!

I filmed the process of me making the vegan kebab meat, that will be up in the next week or so!


VEGAN KEBAB MEAT

Ingredients

For "Meat"
  • 1.5 C chicken stock (make sure you get a vegan one/ or use vegetable stock)
  • 1 1/2 tbs oil
  • 1.5 C Gluten Flour (I buy mine here)
  • 1/4 C Chickpea Flour
  • 1/4 C Nutritional Yeast
  • 1/2 tsp each of: Salt & pepper
  • 1 tbs Paprika
  • 1 1/2 tsp onion salt
  • 1tsp each of: garlic powder, curry powder, all purpose seasoning, thyme, oregano, chilli powder & cumin
For Boiling
  • 4 cups vegetable stock
  • Water to fill pot to the top
  • 1 clove of garlic, sliced
  • 2 tbs soy sauce
Instructions 1. In a bowl add the chicken stock and oil, whisk to combine 2. In a different bowl add all the dry ingredients for the "meat" and whisk to combine 3. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and then pour the wet ingredients in the middle 4. Knead the mixture to combine, and then once a dough is formed, keep kneading for 5 minutes 5. Let mixture sit for 10 minutes and then knead it again for another 5 minutes 6. Bring the "cooking" ingredients to a boil (Veg stock, sliced garlic and soy sauce) 7. Separate the "meat" mixture into 2 logs and then simmer the logs in the stock mixture for 1hr 45 minutes, add more water if it starts to evaporate. 8. Remove meat from broth and put in the oven at 180oC for 15 minutes to slightly brown the outside of it. (Not too long, otherwise the outside becomes way to hard to cut though) 9. Slice the "meat" thinly
10. Fry the "meat" in 2 tsp of oil before using






VEGAN HALAL SNACK PACK

Ingredients
  • 2 tsp oil
  • 1 serving of your favourite take away chips (or cook your own at home)
  • A handful of grated vegan cheese (I used My Life Bio Cheese)
  • As much vegan kebab meat as you want (See recipe above)
  • Garlic Sauce (I used veganaise mixed with crushed garlic)
  • Chilli Sauce
  • BBQ Sauce

Instructions 1. In a small fry pan fry off the sliced kebab meat for 5 minutes, then take off the heat
2. In a bowl (or aluminium container to make it more authentic) place the hot chips
3. Cover the chips with grated cheese and then top with kebab meat
4. Drizzle garlic sauce, chilli sauce and BBQ sauce all over the meat, chips and cheese
5. Eat with a plastic fork for the most authentic HSP experience
6. Invite Pauline Hanson over if you dare



Notes

* For a vegan kebab serve the meat in a pita bread wrap with hummus, tabouli, lettuce and garlic sauce
* For a vegan iskender chop up pide bread into small pieces, place in bowl and cover in meat, tomato passata and garlic sauce
* For a vegan beef kebab plate serve meat on a plate with turkish rice, tabouli, hummus, pide bread and domlades






If you make this recipe at home please tag me so that I 
can see!

#mylittlemilkbar on Instagram


No comments:

Post a Comment